711 14th Avenue
Safford, AZ 85546
- 41 miles southwest of Safford
- 11 acres
- 8500 feet
- May - October
Riggs Flat Lake is a very small lake (11 acres) high up in the Pinaleno Mountains southwest of Safford. There is a campground at the lake with 26 sites.
The lake contains Rainbow and Brown trout. A trout stamp is required to fish and only electric boat motors are allowed.
- No drinking water available; bring your own.
- A valid Arizona fishing license and trout stamp (available at outdoor stores around the state) is required for all anglers 14 years of age and older.
- Six trout is the daily limit and the possession limit.
- Using live bait fish is prohibited.
- Fishing season is May to October, day and night.
- Boats are permitted on the lake, but only single electric motors may be used.
- No fish cleaning station available.
- Lakeshore Trail #340 (0.6 miles) and Jesus Babcock Trail #321 (1.1 miles) are located in the vicinity of the lake.
- Stocked Fish
- Picnic Areas
- Fish Cleaning Station