28079 N. Az Highway 188
Roosevelt, AZ 85545
- About 65 miles east of Phoenix
- 2,568 acres
- Max. Depth:
- 266 feet
- 1914 feet
- Year round
The Apache Lake Marina and Resort is one mile from the main highway and features a motel, gas station, coffee shop, picnic supplies and a trailer park for 12 units. A boat ramp and dock are at the resort, and a county sheriff's aid station is nearby.
The Three Bar Wildlife Area is just across the lake from the resort and provides a scenic spot for photographers. Seven miles northeast of the resort is the Burnt Corral Recreation Site with 17 spaces for trailers which are less than 17 feet long. The area is open all year and has boat launching facilities.
Game fish in Apache Lake include walleye, largemouth and smallmouth bass, red ear sunfish, bluegill, channel catfish and crappie.
- Western & Central U.S. Lakes
Lake Apache has 41 miles of shoreline and is 17 miles long.
You'll need a Tonto Pass to access the boat ramp at Burnt Corral Recreation Site. Fees are $6.00 per vehicle and $4.00 per watercraft. Contact the Tonto Basin Ranger Station for questions about permits.
Burnt Corral is handicap accessible. A campground and picnic area are also on site, as well as a boatramp, toilets and drinking water.
Please note that waters near developed sites and many coves are no wake area. Also, the upper end of the lake is closed to waterskiing. Counter-clockwise is the direction of travel on this lake.
For water levels at Apache Lake, call the Salt River Project at 602-236-5929.
- Boat Ramp
- Stocked Fish
- Picnic Areas
- Drinking Water
- Water Skiing
- Bait Shop
- Boat Rentals
- Convenience Store
- Fuel Available
Map + Directions
These directions are to the Burnt Corral Boating Site on Apache Lake.
- From Mesa
- Take Beeline Highway/State Highway 87 north for about 60 miles.
- When you reach the junction of State Highway 188, turn right.
- After traveling Highway 188 for 33 miles, you'll reach a junction with State Highway 88. Turn right onto this road.
- Drive past Roosevelt Dam and continue for 5 miles to Forest Road 183.
- Take a right onto FR 183. Continue 1 mile and you'll be at the site.
- From Claypool (Between Globe and Miami)
- Drive State Highway 188 northwest for 29 miles.
- When you reach the junction with State Highway 88, turn onto the highway and follow it southwest for 5 miles.
- When you reach FR 183, take a right onto the road and continue 1 mile to the site.