Bisbee, AZ 85603
- Historical Site
- $5.50 - $13
Outfitted in hard hat, miner’s headlamp and a yellow slicker, thousands of Bisbee visitors descend into the Queen Mine Tour each year—heading underground and back in time. Tour guides, retired Phelps Dodge employees, lead the group 1,500 feet into the mine and recount mining days, techniques, dangers and drama. Adding a personal touch, the miner-turned-tour guides help visitors experience what it was like to work underground.
Five tours depart each day, seven days a week, from the Queen Mine Tour Building, located immediately south of Old Bisbee’s business district, off the U.S. 80 interchange.
$13 - Adults
$5.50 - Ages 4-12
(taxes are included)
Children under 4 are free
Prices subject to change
Tours last approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
It is always a cool 47 degrees Fahrenheit (4 degrees Celsius) underground!
Reservations are suggested.
Directions from Tucson - approximately 90 miles
- Interstate 10 East to Exit 303, Highway 80 - Benson, Tombstone, Bisbee
- Highway 80 east approximately 49 miles to Bisbee
- After the tunnel, take the 2nd exit - Historic Old Bisbee exit. Exit right.
- The Queen Mine Tour driveway entrance is 50 feet straight ahead. Parking is available at the tour.
Directions from Douglas - approximately 25 miles
- Take Highway 80 West to traffic circle.
- Stay to the right and continue on Highway 80 west, to Historic Old Bisbee Exit.
- Exit to the right and take the first roadway to the left and circle under the highway.
- The Queen Mine Tour driveway entrance is on the right. Parking is available at the tour.